Wednesday, February 25, 2009

After!
Before the work started!


Started working on the bottom. First thing to do was to get all that nasty filler out! The previous owner (or maybe the one before that!) didnt do a very god job applying filler to the bottom. Fist thing I did was to take as much out as I could using a filler spatula, I then resorted to using my electric drill. Lastly I sanded the area down using wet and dry sand paper. So now I have all the filler removed, next I need to "bang" and dents in, replace any bad rivets, weld any areas that need welding and re apply filler.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kyle,
    Nice One!
    You'll find the CMBA over here in the UK has plenty of Albatross owning members. The forum is open so feel free to aks any questions. I look forward to seeing how your resto progresses.
    Cheers,
    BroomBroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words gentlemen ! Yes BroomBroom , I was intending on joining the CMBA forum actually but haven't gotten round to it yet! by the way, your blog is what inspired me to start my own! so thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete